There are a number of reasons why I like to buy 2nd hand clothes
- They are cheaper than new – so you can buy more and I know charity shop prices have been rising lately but you can still find bargains. I buy 2nd hand from any source.
- There is more variety in style – you can find something from a different era and bring it up to date to make it your own.
- They are more eco-friendly – The world’s resources are limited and a fresh eye can see something in an item no longer wanted by its original owner.
There are also a number of reasons why I like refashioning
- Its a creative hobby. I could afford to buy new but I enjoy the re-styling process. Sometimes the garment de-construction is as interesting as the re-construction.
- Size doesn’t matter. Before I bought my sewing machine clothes would languish in the wardrobe because there was something about the fit which made them slightly uncomfortable to wear. There is so much information available on the web that you will always find an idea to help you.
- You get something no one else has, and allow yourself a moment of self congratulation when you get a compliment on an outfit.